What is the 10/40 Window?
The 10/40 Window is located from 10 degrees south to 40 degrees north of the equator, which includes Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
- Nearly 4 billion people live here, including 90 percent of the world's poorest of the poor. It is estimated that 1.6 billion of these people have never had the chance to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ - not even once!
- The seat of every major non-Christian religion - Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Animism, Atheism, and Sikhism - is headquartered in the 10/40 Window.
- In many of the 69 countries represented in the 10/40 Window, witnessing the Christian Gospel means death. Truly, the 10/40 Window remains the darkest and most inhospitable territory to the cause of Christ and represents the greatest remaining stronghold of Satan.
- Two-thirds of the world’s population (4 billion) live in the 69 nations of the 10/40 Window.
- 95% of the people are unevangelized.
- 90% of the people are the poorest of the poor, averaging $250 per family annually.
- 43 of the 50 worst countries in the world for persecution of Christians are here.
- Only five pennies out of every $100 spent on missions goes to this desperately needy area of the world.
- Illiteracy is widespread.
- Terrorist organizations and child prostitution run rampant in many of these nations.
- Horrific abuse of women and children remains unchecked.
- Children as young as 18 months old are trained to be Jihad soldiers.